Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cereal

by Daishia O'Loughlin



I never thought
I'd see the day
that I'd live off of cereal
but I have to say
when I have no access
to any other food
it's satisfying
and brightens my mood

Honey Nut cheerios
are actually quite healthy
not a lot of calories
or sugar like people tell me
As I munch on these cheerios
I'm satisfied with life
and the hunger disappears
so now the end of my strife

The picture of the happy bumble bee
sub-consciously fills my mind with glee
I'm distracted as I'm no longer hungry
This is actually quite sad...but oh well...poor me

Cereal is a food
for those who are desperately in need
of relief from the pain
of being hungry
Cereal is a food
that children like me
will eat gladly
hungry or not
It's simply fate, or destiny




No comments:

Post a Comment