Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Moments Like These

Written by Daishia O'Loughlin


It's moments like these
that are beautiful
rare and one of a kind
It's moment like these
that I adore
they are rare
and hard to find
Beautiful scenery
few people to be found
a lonely spot
where I may relax
Lovely peace
so sweet and sound
Here, I see a fountain
glowing between the trees
The MLK memorial
anyone can visit
as they please
Under this sweet architecture
I write
As my legs enjoy the breeze
of climate
that couldn't be more perfect
And I say all this
with ease
Because it's rare
that outside tranquility
blesses me
and showers me with peace
It's rare that
I have time alone
to rest along with the trees
I wish that
any time in my life
I could pick a second to freeze
so I may find myself
with nature
and be mesmerized as I please
So I may embrace every minute
in which I have this air to breathe
It's moments like these
that make me enjoy life
and appreciate the world
It's moments like these
that rejuvenate
the dying strands 
of my world 

No comments:

Post a Comment